Amazing buildings as evidence of the past
An evidence of the town glorious past is the great number of buildings, residential and religious ones.
The Church of San Nicolò dell’Isola, dating back to 1151, is the most ancient church of the town, originally Romanesque style and then renovated in Baroque in the end of the 15th century.
The Church of Santa Maria di Nazareth, built in the 17th century, hosts different paintings from the Baroque and one wooden statue by Anton Maria Maragliano. The Church Immacolata Concezione, built in 1688, Medieval style, not far from the Baia del Silenzio, hosts a statue of the Virgin dating back to the 18th century, in addition to some religious paintings by Domenico Fiasella.
And lastly, in the heart of the ancient village, there is the church of San Pietro in Vincoli, built in 1640 by the monks.
The most important buildings are located in the city centre, among which there are Palazzo Fascie, hosting a public library and the MuSel (Sestri Levante Archeological Museum). The offices of the Municipality are in Palazzo Durazzo-Pallavicini, built in the second half of the 17th century. The Palace hosts a painting by Francesco Bassano, portraying the Adoration of the Three Wise Men.